And what a party it was!
Our second annual Art & Sole event was a huge success and oh, what fun we had!
The Art & Sole event supports the Citie Ballet Pointe Shoe Fund – the fund that keeps our dancers en pointe throughout our season! Each female dancer goes through a pair of pointe shoes every one to two weeks and at $125 per pair, that adds up to a large shoe bill!
- Chef Steven Brochu from Chartier provided our guests with amazing amuse-bouche bites and delectables … what a coup it was to have him and Chartier support our event!
- Host Jennifer Crosby from Global Edmonton was utterly charming and kept the fashion show flowing with lots of information and some great new mom humour.
- Our models looked amazing, thanks to Workhall Studio for supplying the clothing and So Pretty Cara Cotter for the jewellery. The footwear was gorgeous, courtesy of Poppy Barley, March First Footwear, Kunitz Shoes and Good Luck Sock.
- We also had what was arguably one of the best silent auctions in the city with 84 items this year! Thanks to: Corso 32, Concrete Cat, Bliss Yoga, Clementine, Duchess Bake Shop, Edmonton International Airport, Who Cares Wear, Sylvia Soo Leather … just to name a few!
- We loved the new venue – that ATB Financial Arts Barns. Thanks to Matthew and his staff for all their work!
We are so thankful for the generosity and goodwill from our friends in the local business community. Thank you to all who supported us and we hope you pay their businesses a visit – these are people who make Edmonton a truly great city.
Check out our photos from the event on the Citie Ballet Facebook page.
Art & Sole 2017 was also featured in Edmonton Journal’s social scene. Click here for photos!
Save the date for the next annual Art & Sole event as it returns to the Arts Barns on May 10, 2018!